Having the kids on the GAPS protocol for the past year, its recommended to drink fresh carrot juice everything morning, this has been something I have not been good at without a great juicer. And lately I have been craving fresh juice myself. I just love the fresh taste and hit of nutrients during winter when your not feeling all that well. I really think its great to have a fresh veggie juice a day to get that nutrient boost as a mum, its way better hit than a coffee and your energy is longer lasting.
Over the past 2 weeks; having the MOD cold press in our house; we have made an array of different juices to really put it to the test. My favourite carrot and ginger based juice has been a huge winner but a good green juice has been a treat too. I love watching how the machine slowly pushes the vegetables through the machine and strains out the juice. It's pretty amazing and the kids love being involved to create their own flavours.
I'm not a huge fan of fruit juice but I did have a whole heap of oranges getting old so I put them through the juicer and OMG, the taste was out of control. Was really nice for a refreshing treat.
5 things we love about the MOD COLD PRESS:
- Easy to use: you can juice whole foods without peeling or chopping them. Whole apples, carrots, green leaves, etc go through it with ease and juice really well.
- Easy to clean: You can clean the machine by running a little water through it after you finish your juice and it comes with a little tooth brush to give the strainer a scrub if it needs it. All parts can go in the dish washer so you aren't afraid of getting your juicer out in fear of the cleaning process afterwards like we all once were in the past.
- It's quiet: the Mod cold press juicer literally squeezes the nutrients out of the vegetables so there are no loud sounds or notices in the process. I can make a juice in the kitchen comfortably while my little boy is asleep in bed. win!
- It juices delicate greens: A lot of juicing machines don't actually extract the nutrients from the greens, instead just crushing them. Green are such an important part of our diet, we need to try packing as much of them into our day as we can and this is why juicing them can be great if you have a great machine that can do it. The Mod juicer is your guy.
- MOD juice tastes really good. I'm not over exaggerating when I say the juice is the best, I believe its because all the flavour and nutrients are kept in during the attraction process that gives the juice the full flavour that it should have.
Check out how it works in this video here...
So why juice it?
- A glass of vegetable juice counts as one serving. There is something about a raw, fresh juice; it's delicious and packed full of nutrients. Vegetables that you would usually think to eat raw, you can push through the juicer and enjoy.
- Juicing provides the body with vitamins, minerals, enzymes, carbohydrates, chlorophyll and countless other phytonutrients on a superhighway.
- These natural blends of nutrients boost our immunity. They don't just fight of coughs and colds but work to protect us from cancer and cardiovascular disease too.
- These babies are powerhouses of antioxidants; the antioxidants contribute to fighting cancer, heart disease and aging.
- The green guys are full of chlorophyll which help to cleanse our bodies of all the toxicity we put into it everyday.
- A fresh juice drunk straight from the jug delivers the body the nutrients within minutes as it does not need to be digested which is quite slow.
- It fuels your body with energy!
- Juices support your body's natural way of cleansing and helps to fight off disease...
If you haven't already, I would highly recommend getting yourself a MOD cold press juicer and try having a daily juice. Drink it mindfully and notice how it makes you feel.
My favourite mix is carrot, celery, ginger and orange but you can try throwing anything (fruits and vegetables) you have from the fridge into the juicer and find your own favorite immunity maximising blends.
If you would like to learn more about the MOD COLD PRESS JUICER or purchase one for yourself; just go to: http://modjuicer.com.au