Why is our healthy Waldorf salad good?
- Apples are high in antioxidants, fibre and reduces cholesterol.
- Lemon is alkalizing to the body as well as high in vitamin C.
- Celery is a negative calorie food with some great vitamins and minerals including vitamin C.
- Walnuts are rich source of energy and contain many health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health. Especially high in omega 3 fatty acids.
- Linseeds are the richest source of omega 3 essential fatty acids. It contains 50 to 50 percent omega 3s, almost twice as much as is contained in fish oil.
- Cashews are full of good fats. They are packed with soluble dietary fibre, vitamins, minerals and numerous health-promoting phyto-chemicals that help protect from diseases and cancers.
- Coconut has many amazing health benefits including an abundance of vitamins, minerals and nutrients. Coconut was used by primitive people to treat a number of ailments.
- 3 X GRANNY SMITH APPLES DICED
- 1 X LEMON JUICED
- 1/2 X CELERY STALK
- 1 X CUP WALNUTS CUT INTO HALF SIZE
- 1/4 X CUP GROUND LINSEEDS
- 1/4 X CUP GROUND CASHEWS
- 1/2 X CUP COCONUT FLAKES
- 3 X TABLESPOONS OF NATURAL YOGHURT
- 1 X TABLESPOON NATURAL HONEY
- INTO A LARGE BOWL,
- COMBINE LEMON JUICE AND DICED APPLE
- ADD WALNUTS, DICED CELERY, GROUND CASHEWS, LINSEEDS AND COCONUT FLAKES
- INTO A SEPARATE BOWL ADD YOGHURT AND HONEY AND MIX IN WELL WITH A WHISK
- FINALLY ADD ALL INGREDIENTS TOGETHER AND MIX IN WELL
- GARNISH WITH FRESH MINT.