Firstly prawns are so yummy! All too often these little babies are all lathered in creamy, gluggy sauces and served with white rice and while it may taste ok when it enters your mouth it leaves you feeling tired, bloated and heavy. You never get the chance to enjoy the real sea flavour. This recipe is a fresh, tasty version of a prawn cocktail! It leaves you feeling refreshed and with some zing! Enjoy while looking over the water and enjoying the sunset with your favourite cocktail in hand!
How is it good for us?
Prawns are the ideal muscle building food. They are packed with protein. You’ll also get 25 per cent of your RDA of omega 3 fatty acids from the prawns. Chillies are also great and a proven to help burn fat. Lemon juice is alkalizing to the body. Mint is also an amazing herb; it is known to aid in digestion, nausea, headaches, respiratory disorders, coughs, asthma, oral care and even cancer.
- 20 fresh prawns
- Hand full of fresh mint finely chopped
- 2 small lemons
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tsp Tamari sauce (optional)
- 1/2 a small chilli; crushed (optional)
- Peel Prawns and place to the side
- In a seperate bowl add lemon juice, cracked peper, mint, tamari sauce, chilli & stir.
- Add prawns and stir vigerously to infuse flavours.
- With clean hands, place everything into the cocktail glasses and garnich as desired.