Behind all the inspiration I throw out to you guys I still have days when things don’t feel like they are going great. In the last couple of weeks or so I have been feeling really overwhelmed and although life is going in great directions I have been feeling totally bogged down, with too much to do, not enough time, and no family time. I am a yes man and I can never say no to anything because I love doing too much. I love being out there. But the last couple of weeks I have felt like all my ideas and dreams were becoming too much and a bit too scary. Can I really do it all? Can I be a good mum while working every waking minute; just quickly replying to the next email, answering the little questions straight away, comparing myself to others in the industry, checking instagram to whether someone has commented on my lunch picture I just posted, OMG! The virtual world can be so consuming… Well the answer is NO! It doesn’t matter if 1 more person has liked that picture or written me an email, or made an order… The world doesn’t have to run on quick time. So the only thing I could do was escape from my mind, forget everything in the real world and just do nothing but sit around and watch TV (which I never usually do). My stomach has been filled with under confidence so I decided to turn off my phone and chill out and reconnect with why I am really doing all this… To learn and to inspire! Here are 10 tips to reconnect with yourself:
- Turn off your computer!
- Log out of facebook, instagram, twitter… all those life consuming social media sites. Don’t get me wrong, I think social media is a great way to connect but we have to be careful not to become too consumed in the virtual world.
- Reconnect with your purpose
- Be outside and take in fresh air.
- Say “no” sometimes: Its ok to say no to things.
- Rejuvenate your spirits – Go out and do something fun! Something that you enjoy. Dance the night away, Catch up with friends, go for a surf, read a book…
- Write down 5 things you love about your life!
- Focus on what matters – Family, fun, health, friends, etc…
- Surround yourself with people that support you, pump you up and encourage you!
- Re-commit to your goals!