So exciting about writing my post this week!!! I love “Turmeric”! Its a relative of ginger and an anti- inflammatory in Ayurvedic medicine. Turmeric is rich in curcuminoids, which are known for their antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. I love using the fresh root, but the powder is fine also.
So you all know that you can cook with it; but I really love using it on my skin!! YES your skin… It has so many benefits. Here are my favourite ways to use it.
1) Turmeric helps reduce pigmentation on your face and even out your skin tone. It can be easily done at home. Mix a little turmeric with cucumber or lemon juice and apply to your face. Leave it for some time and wash off. A one-time application will be of little help and only regular use will give a soft glow to your face.
2) For immediate relief from cracked heels; apply a mixture of 3 tablespoons of turmeric with 3 drops of coconut oil. This mix will also help prevent fungal infections that may form between the toes, also known as athlete’s foot.
3) Turmeric to Treat Wrinkles – Make an eye cream with turmeric and use it at least twice a week. This will help to eliminate not only wrinkles around your eyes, but also dark circles. Add a pinch of turmeric to 2 tablespoons of buttermilk. Smooth the paste around your eyes and let it set for 20 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
4) Turmeric for Pigmentation – If you suffer from acne scars or other types of hyperpigmentation, apply a mixture of turmeric and lemon juice to the affected area for 20 minutes. For best results, apply the mixture once a day.
5) Turmeric and raw honey mask – I love doing this once a week! Really good for oily/ combination skin. Mix 1 tablespoon Turmeric with 1 tablespoon raw honey together, mix well and apply all over the face. Leave on for 20 mins.
“This mask is so healing”
6) Turmeric body scrub – 1 teaspoon of Turmeric, 1/3 of olive oil and 1/2 sugar. Mix well and apply all over the body.
About Yvette: Yvette is a qualified beauty therapist that has worked in day spas and with big brands such as lancôme, channel, Clarins. Over the past few years, Yvette has gravitated towards a more holistic approach.
She wants to do the very best for her body by leading the most toxic free lifestyle that she can. Being a beauty therapist; Yvette knows how to treat peoples skin, she has experienced how toxic so many products on the market are and she wants everyone of us to be absolutely gorgeous… NATURALLY! Yvette makes incorporating natural beauty remedies, skin care and an organic approach to make up affordable and easy.