GUEST POST BY YVETTE SINCLAIR
Hi everyone!! Well, today I am going to write about doing a home pedicure spa.
A Pedicure is the ultimate luxury treatment you can do for yourself.
Step by step pedicure:
Here are some recipes you can use…
Avocado sugar foot scrub
1 cup Raw sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
1 mashed avocado (perfect for extra moisturizing)
Mix all ingredients together, massage all over feet and leave for 5 mins. Rinse with warm water.
Salt foot bath
1 cup Epsom salts (helps tired, swollen, achy feet )
1/3 cup almond oil
6 drops pure essential oil of peppermint
Soak your feet in a tub for 15 – 20 mins
|My goodies from http://shop.chooselifeliveitdoit.com|
My step by step guide to beautiful feet.
My D.I.Y Pedicure – I love doing pedicure’s and manicure’s at home and it can be just as relaxing and fun.
What you need:
A Tub ( for your feet )
Nail file and Pedi paddle
Base coat / top coat/ nail polish Scotch polish in the colour of your choice
Marbles ( for the bowl )
… Towels x2
1/2 milk ( for bowl )
1/3 cup sugar ( for exfoliate)
1/4 almond oil
- Fill your tub with warm water and add your marbles. Put the marbles in the bottom of the bowl with the water.
- Soak your feet and move them gently over the marbles for a relaxing foot massage. Lift up your foot, apply scrub ( 1/3 cup of sugar and 1/4 almond oil), scrubbing all over, then repeat.
- Then rinse the water, refill the bowl this time adding 1/2 cup of milk( a natural AHA ). A warm milk bath is the ultimate skin softening treatment, and it’s good for your skin. Leave feet soaking for 10 mins.
- Now get your Pedi paddle and scrub your heels, dry your feet and now you’re ready to start with the toes.
- You need to remove any old nail polish with some Scotch natural Soy polish remover, then get a cuticle stick to push back the cuticles.
- I like to then apply some jojoba oil and massage into my nails and feet for a little massage.
- You are now ready to cut and shape your nails to your own preference.
- Always remember to file in one direction as this helps to keep your nails strong.
- Time to polish: I like to use a base coat first, this will protect the nail. Then apply 2 coats of Scotch Naturals polish in the colour of your choice. Then apply your top coat. The top coat is a must, it will give the colour the amazing shine and keep it on for longer!
- Now you’re ready to show your feet off!
She wants to do the very best for her body by leading the most toxic free lifestyle that she can. Being a beauty therapist; Yvette knows how to treat peoples skin, she has experienced how toxic so many products on the market are and she wants everyone of us to be absolutely gorgeous… NATURALLY! Yvette makes incorporating natural beauty remedies, skin care and an organic approach to make up affordable and easy.