Jojoba oil is an amazing, versatile substance! I have always heard it to be part of skincare products but only recently have had the opportunity to try this beautiful pure Australian oil from The Jojoba Company. It is divine and has so many great uses! It’s amazing how one oil can be so beneficial for so many things.
Here’s the run down on Jojoba Oil:
“Skin health is maintained by an oily (waxy) solution called sebum; 25-30% of the skin’s sebum is made up of wax esters. The prime role of wax esters is to hold moisture in the skin, which keeps skin looking and feeling firm. As we hit our early 20’s, our production of wax esters starts to decrease, allowing moisture to escape from skin cells. This begins the aging process of skin.
Jojoba is the only plant known to produce wax esters similar to those in our skin. Jojoba is naturally hypoallergenic and contains powerful antioxidants, Omega 6 & 9 fatty acids, and Vitamins A, D and E. Remarkably, when applied to skin, the wax esters in jojoba provide similar nurturing and moisturising properties as our own sebum. Skin recognises jojoba as its own and lets it in to deliver active ingredients into the deeper layers of our skin.
The remarkable qualities of 100% natural Australian jojoba are at the foundation of The Jojoba Company’s entire skin care range.”
Here are 10 ways to use this wonder oil:
1. Moisturiser – Apply a few drops to your face and massage in. It is ver light while beautifully moisturising. It is really great for under makeup.
2. Heals sunburn and other skin irritations or wounds/ailments including stretch marks – apply to the affected areas as needed.
3. Make up remover – Jojoba Oil is a great and super quick make up remover; just apply to skin and wipe off with warm wet cotton pads or cloth.
4. Lip balm – Use as a lip balm for conditioning dry or flaky skin. you can also create your own flavoured lip oil by adding a couple of aromatgerapy oil to a jar of jojoba oil. for example; strawberry, peppermint, lemon be creative.
5. Treat you Nails – This has to be the most popular use for Jojoba oil. It is absolutely amazing to treat nails and cuticles. Rub a drop on your hands and cuticles at least once per day. You can also add a drop of tea tree oil for a natural anti fungal nail treatment if needed.
6. Body Lotion – a little goes a long way so you can add some to your normal body lotion or use a little on its own.
7. Hair Treatment – Jojoba oil is a great hair treatment, it is great for removing product residue and rehydrating damaged ends. Rub some oil over wet hair once a week and leave for an hour or over night. Wash hair as normal in the morning for some seriously glamorous rehydrated locks! Also great to tame fly aways, just use a tiny bit on finger tips and smooth over hair for a quick fix.
8. Acne spot treatment – The anti-inflammatory properties in Jojoba oil may work as a “spot treatment” when mixed with tea tree oil on the odd spot.
9. Pre Swimming hair protection – Run 3-4 drops through your hair before diving in the pool or ocean. Can help from damaging strands and holding hair colour.
10. Face Cleanser – Just massage into face and wipe off with warm damp cloths or cotton pads. It will gently unclog pores and wash away dirt.
The Jojoba Company is a wonderful Australian company that has our skins best interests at heart, they started planting their very first Australian crops on their home estate and they now have a huge range of natural products focused on anti ageing and skin health. You can read more about the JOJOBA COMPANY here.
For extra entries:
- Be a follower of Choose life, live it, do it via Google Friend connect just on the right of our site.
- Like Choose life, live it, do it on Facebook
- Like THE JOJOBA COMPANY on Facebook.
- Like @chooselife_liveit_doit on instagram.
- Share this give away on any of your social media platforms (instagram/facebook/twitter/pinterest)
Leave a comment for each! The lucky winner with be announced on friday the 5th April, 2013! GOOD LUCK!
THE WINNER IS KARLENE! YIPPEE!!!
You will be contacted via email for your postal details! ENJOY!
Terms: This giveaway is open to all Australian followers of Choose life, live it, do it. All entrants must provide a first name along with your comment entry and ensure I can contact you via your blog/social media or email (you can subscribe via email if you don’t want to list your contact details publicly) . Once the giveaway has ended and winner is chosen they will be contacted via email and put in touch with the sponsors. Giveaway items are not distributed by Choose life, live it, do it, alot of them are directly distributed to the winners by the sponsors themselves.