REVIEW BY ASHA O’BRIEN-GRUDZINSKAS
Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock it is almost impossible to be unaware of the latest craze to hit instagram; detox and weight loss teas
. To be honest when I first heard about them I didn’t trust them at all. So, when I tried the 14 day Tiny Tea Teatox
from Your Tea
, to say I was surprised with the results is an understatement. Your tea
uses chinese medicine principles to blend organic herbs to make some amazing tea blends to aid in digestion, weight loss, bloating, and more. You can read more about Your tea here
The instructions advised to drink the tea 30 minutes before each main meal. This meant that my meals for the day had to be planned and organized. I couldn’t walk past a shop and think ‘ooooh that looks yum. I might just buy that.’ I had to use self-control, which I’m not very good at. Knowing that I couldn’t eat my dinner until I had drank the tea
30 minutes before severely reduced my snacking. I am fortunate that usually eat pretty healthy so whilst on the teatox I didn’t have to change my diet too much at all. I found that the tea worked really well as an appetite suppressant. I usually eat a lot! But after drinking this tea I wasn’t really hungry at all.
|Day 1 and day 14
I started seeing results after the first day! I could see my stomach shrinking. The first few days after drinking the tea I did feel quite nauseous as my body was starting to detox and de-bloat but that is the only bad thing I can say. The tea has an earthy taste and is easy to drink. I didn’t feel the need to add lemon or honey. The tea didn’t affect my energy levels until the last couple of days of the teatox, when I noticed myself jumping around the house. I felt great!
Over the 14 days I lost 5cm from my waist and 2 cm from my hips, I gained so much body confidence and I just felt fabulous! I would definitely recommend this tea for anyone that wants more energy and a flat stomach. I will definitely be ordering this tea again in the future.
I have done some research and below is a list of ingredients from Tiny Tea and what they do so here they are:
- Hawthorn Berry – Improves cardiovascular health and releases water retention by expelling excess sodium from the body.
- Adzuki Bean – Reduces blood pressure and supports kidney and bladder function.
- Alismatis Rhizome – Alleviates water retention.
- Indian Bread – Causes dieresis, supports spleen functioning and calms the mind.
- Tangerine Peel – High in antioxidants. May also aid digestion, balance blood sugar levels and activate liver detoxification.
- Germinated Barley – Assists in digestion by eliminating retention of food and harmonizes the stomach.
- Prunella Spike – Detoxicant and antimicrobial agent.
- Cassia Seed – Relieves constipation by moisturizing the intestine and easing the bowls.
- Semen Phascoli – Reduces water retention and dispels toxins.
- Chrysanthemum – Reduces skin conditions such as acne and boils, aids in the digestion of oily food and restrains the growth of some bacteria’s in the body.
- Semen Raphani – Eliminates food retention.
- White Tea – Contains a great amount of antioxidants.
- Herba Agastachis – Relieves bloating, indigestion, nausea and vomiting
I was born on the far south coast of NSW into the most amazing, fun, loving, crazy family.
Growing up on the coast there was always incredible places to explore and many adventures to have with my amazing friends.Being quite a shy child, In my later teens I gained a new found confidence and a love for health, food and fitness.
After living in a tiny beach town for 17 years I moved to the big smoke (Sydney) where I am currently studying a Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy) and I love it. You can find me blogging here and on The diary of a naturopathic student
Follow Asha @