Last weekend my mother in law came up to stay to take us to the Lion king (it was amazing!!!) and on her long drive up the south coast she stumbled across a grower selling some amazingly, delicious big pumpkins for $4!!! Crazy! So it sat pretty on the bench for a few days and then when we finally cracked it open my husband made the most delicious pumpkin soup and some mash for the little boy. I remembered seeing a pumpkin muffin recipe a while ago flicking through a free food magazine but couldn’t remember what was in it so with what was left over I just had to try and create a yummy, gluten/nut/dairy/crap free veggie smuggling sweet pumpkin muffin recipe for snack time and also a great one to take for morning tea at kindy. This is what I came up with; its fool proof and its delicious! I made a double batch of these and then froze them down to get out one for morning tea or whatever when we want them… Let me know what you think!
– 200g Raw Pumpkin (roughly chopped)
– 100g coconut sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 75g Sweet Sorghum flour
– 50g Arrowroot starch
– 50g Brown rice Flour
– pinch of salt
– 1tsp cinnimon
– 90g coconut oil OR Ghee (melted)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Blend 200g of raw pumpkin in the Thermomix (Or good food processor) for 10/speed 7
- Then add all other ingredients.
- Blend for 10 seconds/ speed 6
- Scrape down sides of bowl and blend again 10 seconds/ speed 6.
- Repeat if necessary.
- Then put in muffin tin/ paper cases … Bake for 25-30 mins or until cooked through.
MAKES about 12.