I’ve felt excited to want to cook this week, create something that the kids will love and also something to enjoy as a treat that isn’t full of all the processed junk. A very spare of the moment cooking session with my 2 year old Mabel while the baby slept. Maybe the inspiration is slowly creeping back in, I think this might be the tastiest brownie we’ve come up with so far. It’s super rich but so delicious. If you find it a bit too dark you can always half the cocoa amount.
I’m excited to share with you a couple of other things we’ve made this week in the coming weeks too.
DARK CHOCOLATE GRAIN FREE BROWNIE
- 7 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1.5 cups coconut sugar
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cocoa (use a little less if too rich)
- 4 large free range eggs
- 2.25 cups fine almond meal
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- 2. Place all wet ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir to combine well. Add in the cocoa, mix together and then add everything else.
- 3. Mix well to combine all ingredients.
- 4. Pour into a baking paper lined tray, spread out and put into the oven for 40 minutes. Insert a skewer into the centre and if it comes out clean, or almost, its ready.
- Allow to sit in the tray for 10 minutes before cutting.
- 5. Enjoy with a cuppa.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.