We’ve been playing around in the kitchen quite a bit lately, usually its throwing things together to make something for afternoon tea. The kids have been making it a time to look forward to; “what are we having after school today mum?” I’m often hearing as I drop them at school. Aren’t I lucky? hah. I’m treating it a bit like a challenge; what can I create out of very little that is still has some good stuff in it and won’t fill them up before dinner? These muffins filled with berries and coconut have been a huge hit, we are all a bit obsessed at the moment. So simple to make and so tasty. Give them a go and I’d love to know what you think of them.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Place all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until all combined well.
- Beat eggs quickly (I just do this part in a personal blender for about 10 seconds)
- Add the vanilla and pour over dry ingredients. Give it a good stir and then add your melted coconut oil. Stir well.
- Time to put the berries in and mix mix mix.
- Scoop mixture evenly into a lined 12 whole muffin tray.
- Bake for 25-30 mins, they should be golden and cooked through when you insert a skewer.