A couple of weeks ago I kept seeing apple cakes everywhere. And then all of a sudden, we were overflowing with pears and I just couldn’t get the kids to eat them. Pia usually loved pears but the others are hit and miss. I didn’t want them to spoil as were all about avoiding food wastage at the moment so I decided to whip something up using the pears we had sitting in the bottom of the fridge for the kids for afternoon tea. I really like this cake; it’s very moist but also sweet. Its got a real rustic feel to me. I love the flavour of pears and the mix of coconut with it goes really well I believe. Anyway, you give it a try and let me know what you think.
- 4 juicy pears; pealed and grated
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Extra pear for decorating
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Line a round cake tin with baking paper.
- Pour mixture into the cake tin and lay slices of extra pear on top to decorate.
- Place into oven and bake for 60 mins, or until toothpick inserted into middle of cake comes out clean.
- Leave cake to cool in tin.
- Enjoy with a cuppa or for afternoon tea with the kids.