WOW! Kids! Did you ever think before you had kids of all the childhood bugs that comes with them??? I honestly had no idea of all this stuff I would have to deal with when I embarked on my motherhood journey. NO IDEA!
I mean, I love my kids and I will cuddle them through any vomit or virus; but the first time I experienced school sores??? Arghh, let’s just say I’m not cut out for sickness. I just don’t cope well, I worry about the most trivial things and my biggest concern when one is down, is the fear of which one will be next. We all know when we become mothers that school and preschool is riddled with all the grossest, meanest bacterial infections and viruses. I have learnt so much about kids bugs in the past 9 years and I’m not impressed with what can be brought into our house. It’s usually brought in by an older one and we wait and pray that a younger one will miss it.
So my main objective for the school year?
Keep our kids immune systems strong.
If we aim for that in our house then we feel like when they walk out into the world of school and good fun every day, they have an invisible piece of protective armour giving them a better shot at fighting the daily germs off. It’s not always avoidable but all we can do is try.
We’ve been enjoying our summer bubble of fresh air and beach life but school is back in just over a week and here’s what we’ll be doing to stay on our game.
- Lots of fresh air and sunshine – always at right times of day with the correct sun protection but I think kids playing outside is so important as it actually builds their immune system naturally.
- Staying active – kids are typically active anyway which is awesome but it is also great to encourage it too. Staying active is about being healthy and feeling good.
- Showers / baths straight after school or after school activities – I know I sound a bit cray cray on this but when our youngest was a newborn it was really the only thing that made me feel like we could avoid the big bugs. It has become a routine now and it actually makes bedtime run alot smoother as the kids are already washed and ready for bed earlier.
- Kids have their own brushes and bath towels each. Each one has a different colour so theres no confusion and this means less chance of sharing anything like nits or skin related if it arises unexpectedly.
- Eating healthy – our kids don’t go without a treat by any means but we do try to focus on eating healthy to feel good. This is a big part of keeping the immune system strong to fight off all the yucky school stuff.
- Using an immune boosting supplement – Sambucol Kids Immunity Gummies, they come in a pack of 50 tasty immune support gummies! It’s a delicious way to support your children’s immune system all year round. The formulation contains Elderberry, Vitamin C and Zinc to help support the Immune System and provide antioxidants to reduce free radicals formed in the body. We love these because they are easy to take and the kids like them.
- Sambucol also has a Cold and Flu Liquid that we keep in the cupboard for times in need that helps fight cold and flu symptoms and may help speed up recovery, so you feel better faster.
Healthy kids equals happy Mums! Good luck fellow mums, Let’s tackle this year head on and fight off and bugs in our way. 😉
NB: ALWAYS READ THE LABEL; FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR USE; IF SYMPTOMS PERSIST, TALK TO YOUR HEALTH PROFESSIONAL; THIS MEDICINE MAY NOT BE RIGHT FOR YOU. READ THE LABEL BEFORE PURCHASE.
Note: This post is sponsored by kids business in collaboration with Sambucol but all opinions and comments are honest and my own.