My beautiful bubba turned one today. Can you believe it? She’s a whole year old!!!! Where the past year has gone, I have no idea.
Because our Coco has been getting eczema; we have been keeping her diet quite simple, in the attempt to work out what is triggering it. With this in mind, I made a really simple grain free banana cake for her birthday. She LOVES banana’s so it only seemed fit that she get to indulge in them on her birthday. This recipe is pretty versatile, you can make cupcakes if you wish, just don’t cook for as long, only 20 minutes should do.
Please let me know if you make this one, its been a hit here.
- 400g almond meal
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 4 medium very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- FOR THE ICING:
- 250g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a food processor or blender; mix together all wet ingredients, including the ripe bananas.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Half the mixture into two matching round cake tins. If you only have one tin, you can cook half the mixture one after the other.
- Bake each half for 30 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer onto a wire cooling rack.
- To make the icing; mix together the cream cheese and 2 tbsp's coconut sugar. Once combined; layer the icing in between the 2 halves and then spread over the top. You can finish with some desiccated coconut or sprinkles.