With Easter only 2 sleeps away we are all getting excited. Theres been more Easter fun on the menu today. 🐣 . This are our dark chocolate Easter egg nests; they are pretty rich but the kids had a ball making them. It’s grain free and lower sugar than most. I use the Well naturally brand sugar free chocolate which uses stevia instead of sugar to sweeten as I’m trying my best to have a low sugar style easter but feel free to use what ever chocolate you wish, just remember that if you’re trying to cut back on the sugar, go for a darker variety. ❤️🐰
This is a super fun activity with the kids.
- 180 grams dark chocolate (I use the well naturally brand sugar free chocolate but you can also use any dark chocolate.)
- 4 tbsp natural crunchy peanut butter
- 220 grams slivered almonds
- 100 grams shredded coconut
- Pinch salt
- Dark choc mini eggs for decorating
- Brake up the chocolate pieces and using the double boiler method, melt the dark chocolate until smooth. Keep stirring.
- Add the peanut butter and mix together well.
- Take off the heat and add in the almonds, coconut and salt and mixed together until all ingredients are covered in the chocolate mix.
- Using a table spoon, scoop out the mix onto lined baking tray or silicone muffin moulds, making little nests.
- Decorate with the mini eggs and then put into the fridge to set.
- Once set, you can transfer into an airtight container and they will keep in the fridge for up to one week (If they last that long ).